|edikang Ikong soup served with pounded yam|
. Hot pepper
. Sweet pepper (tatashe)
. Palm oil
. Knor cubes
. Locust seeds (iru)
. Grounded stock fish powder
. Smoked catfish fillets
. Blended crayfish
|ground stock fish powder|
* wash the goat meat and season with salt garlic,ginger and onion to cook in a pot.
* wash the kponmo, cow leg and shaki and season with salt to cook in a different pot as they take slightly longer to cook.
* blend the tomatoes, onion, hot pepper and tatashe and pour into a bigger pot to cook.
* once all the meat above is almost tender, pour them all in the big pot of ingredients cooking, add knor cubes, locust seeds, smoked cat fish, crayfish, palm oil and stock fish powder and stir. Leave to cook for 10-15minutes.
* taste for salt and add salt if needed.
* all meat should be tender enough before adding your chopped ugu and spinach then stir.
* turn off heat after 2 minutes to retain crunchyness of the vegetables.
* can be served with rice, pounded yam, fufu, eba or amala. Enjoy.
|smoked cat fish fillets|
|a serving of edikang ikong soup with pounded yam|
Enjoy your Lunch!