|Boiling pot of okra soup|
| Smoking hot okra soup straight from the fire|
A boiling pot of okra soup.
INGREDIENTS FOR OKRA SOUP:
- Goat meat
- Stock fish
- Smoked cat fish
- Palm oil
- I boiled the washed goat meat and stock fish with some chopped onion, salt and pepper. "No water added save that in the washed meat"
- When the pot is getting dry, I add some water, seasoning and salt to taste. Then a half dessert spoon quantity of palm oil and covered.
- After boiling until the meat and stock fish are a bit tender, I add some ground crayfish and continued to cook.
- When the soup begins to feel and taste cooked, I ain't feeling the salt, so, I add some salt to taste before pouring in the chopped okro and just a handful of ugu vegetable.
- As soon as the okro boils ONCE, the heat is turned off.
- I served my okro soup with pounded yam, it can be enjoyed with semovita, eba, amala or even starch.
Okro soup takes like the shortest time to cook, so it is advisable to get your fufu ready before commencing the cooking of this soup. I love to chew okro, that's why I chop them this way.
Dear Diary, if you do not like this pieces in your soup, chop tiny pieces or pound after chopping to make it even smoother.