|fisherman white soup with a side of pounded yam|
Fisherman white soup is cooked with different types of fish. Meat is
not added. It is very delicious and healthy too. This soup cooked in 27 minutes from when I turned on the cooker.
|smooth pounded yam,uncut.|
|excess water from boiled yam to be used in cooking the soup|
|adding washed stock fish ears to the pot|
- Stock fish ears
- smoked cat fish
- palm oil
- a little pounded yam
- seasoning cubes
- preserved hot leaf
|Add a few drops of palm oil|
|add seasoning and salt to taste|
|add bone picked, washed smoked cat fish|
- The washed stock fish is put in a pot of water from the boiled yam that is already pounded. It boils.
- A few drops of palm oil are added with ground pepper, seasoning and salt. covered and allowed to boil
- The bone picked and washed smoked fish is added and allowed to boil
- ground crayfish is added, stirred and covered to boil
- Small lumps of pounded yam are added and covered
- I saw that the pot was drying fast after I added the yam. I added some more water to the pot.
- heated the preserved hot leaf (uziza), crushed in between my palms and added. Stirred properly and allowed to cook. I still continued to stir and check for salt and seasoning, until the cooking is done.
- Served with very smooth, soft and well pounded yam
|add ground crayfish|
|add a little pounded yam to serve as thickener|
|added some more water when I noticed the pot was getting dry|
|heating preserved dry hot leaf since there is no fresh one available|
|crushed the hot leaf and added to the boiling pot|
|hot leaf boils and mixes well in the soup|
| yam begins to disintegrate and thicken the soup. Cover and continue to check |
and stir frequently
until it is thick enough for you.
|a serving of fisherman white soup cooked without meat|
This soup is very healthy, there is no fear of cholesterol consumption.