How to cook beans and plantain porridge
|A serving of farmhouse unripe plantain|
- 1 small bunch Unripe plantain
- 1 cup beans
- 3 medium sized Smoked fish
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 knorr seasoning cubes
- salt to taste
- water to cover the beans for a start.
|cooked healthy farmhouse plantain|
- The picked and washed beans is put in a pot of water with enough onion and palm oil added, then placed on a cooker
- When it boils, add pepper, then, cover and when beans begins to boil , leave to boil for 20 more minutes before adding other ingredients.
- After twenty minutes of boiling, add the chopped plantain, washed smoked fish, salt and seasoning to taste, stir very well, cover and allow to cook until the plantain and beans are soft and thickened. Do frequent stirring of the contents to ensure that it doesn't remain watery.
- When it gets soft and thickened to the consistency you like, turn off the heat and serve.
beans and Yam porridge, beans and Irish potatoes porridge can be cooked this way too.
|washed beans added to a pot of water|
|palm oil and pepper added|
|unripe plantain for farmhouse|
|washed and peeled unripe plantain|
|chopped unripe plantain for farmhouse|
|added chopped plantain with fish, seasoning, salt to the pot|
|cooking farmhouse (Beans and plantain porridge)|
| healthy beans and unripe plantain recipe, no fear of sugar|
| well cooked, yummy, soft plantain, with very soft beans|
The taste is irresistible
what else do you add to yours?