My New Lifestyle And Weight Loss Journey Day 4
|Peppered snail stew with boiled rice.|
reading. I'm typing this night so I can post early tomorrow Thursday.
So, Wednesday is my day for prayer, meditation and fasting. No workouts, there'll not be much content to post. Sundays too, even though I eat all my meals, there is no form of work out. I just rest my body till Monday.
For Wednesdays, we still have dinner to share. Today I ate around 5pm, that's coconut, while cooking dinner.
Dinner served at 6pm and it is the best I ate in a long while. The peppered snail stew scatter my brain but I refuse to indulge. Just ate only a reasonable quantity and looked the other way. I cannot come and go and start falling into food temptation when the journey hasn't even gone anywhere.
Evening snack after dinner: 2 Agbalumo fruits (What's it called in English oh).
|African Star Apple (Chrysophylum albidum)|
Later at night, I squeezed 2 lemons into a glass of water and drank.
Dinner was boiled rice with peppered snail stew.
RECIPE FOR PEPPERED SNAIL STEW
2 Cups vegetable oil
2 small sized onion bulbs
2 large red bell peppers (Tatashe)
1 small piece garlic
1 small clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 Fresh scotch bonnet peppers
3 large ripe tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon curry
4 large snails
1 seasoning cube
salt to taste\
If you do not eat snails, this can be cooked with your choice of meat.
BEFORE YOU COOK THIS PEPPERED SNAIL STEW:
If the snails are still in their shells, see how to clean snails here. If they were washed at the market, just rinse while your water is boiling ( About 4 glasses) and add to the boiling water. Add salt, leave to cook for about 3 minutes or more , turn off the heat and set aside. Dice the onion and share in two parts. Dice the tomatoes, chop the red bell peppers and scotch bonnet pepper, the garlic, grate the ginger too and set everything aside.
NOTE:The reason we add the snails to boiling water is to make them harden immediately and become crunchy. See How to cook crunchy snails.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot, add one part Onion with the peppers, garlic and ginger. Do not add tomatoes now. Add seasoning cube, tir well for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked snails and sir some more. Check for salt and add if needed. Cover and leave for about 3 minutes. Stir and remove the snails from the pot with some sauce but leave two third of the sauce still in there boiling. Set the snail and some pepper sauce aside.
- Add the tomatoes, curry, black pepper and remaining onion now. Stir well and leave to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes or longer if you like them soft.
- Add the snail stock and stir again. Check for taste and adjust accordingly. Stir and leave for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Serve with boiled rice, spags, Etc
- Enjoy your tasty meal!
See picture recipe below...
|Ingredients: Ginger, garlic, black pepper, onion, tomatoes, red bell pepper.|
|Adding onion, peppers, garlic and ginger.|
|Taking out the crunchy snails with some pepper sauce.|
|Adding the remaining onion, tomatoes, curry and black pepper.|
|Check for salt and add if needed.|
|Add the snail sauce.|
|Leave to boil for one minute and turn off the heat.|
|Stewed peppered snails.|
|Our Nigerian Dinner is served.|
MY NEW BODY WEIGHT
I checked in the morning and what we see below is my present weight from 86 kg on Sunday to 83 kg on Wednesday. Thank you Father. God bless us all for the encouraging comments.