|my simple fried rice sauce|
making this quantity of sauce didn't take much time because it was Christmas, the house was full and so, there were many helping hands. It was so delicious. The plan was to cook so much so that the left over is shifted to dinner. At the end of the day, we had to eat something else for dinner because the gigantic pot of rice was cleared. I mean every single grain was eaten at lunch!
INGREDIENTS FOR MY SIMPLE FRIED RICE SAUCE:
- chopped cabbage
- chopped carrots
- chopped green pepper
- green peas
- kidney beans
- cow liver (optional)
- sweet corn ( well, I enjoy the sauce more, when sweet corn is not added)
- chopped onions
- green beans (optional)
- vegetable oil
- seasoning cubes
|here's mixing my Christmas fried rice with the sauce. Lol!|
|cooking curried vegetables in oil before mixing with my curried rice|
STEPS TO COOKING MY SIMPLE FRIED RICE SAUCE:
- The chopped vegetables, green peas and kidney beans are poured into a pot of vegetable oil before turning on the heat. I always leave the corn out until mixing time.
- Here is when the curry is supposed to come in, but I left it out because there was already enough curry in the rice and I was OK with the color. Again, I wanted my vegetables to retain their natural colors without being affected by "curry the color changer". I just added my seasoning cubes here. I checked and there was no need for salt. Guess the salt from the seasoning cubes was just right.
- I brought to a boil and turned off the heat. Because they were put in much cold oil, they boiled normally without frying.
- Final stage is the mixing. Here I scoop out the rice and sauce, and mix in small quantities until the whole pot of curried rice is mixed. Most times I do not really fry the rice. LOL!!!
To see pictures of how it looks when served, GO HERE
| simple sauce, no liver available so, kidney beans gave the color and protein needed. simple!|
NOTE: The color of the vegetables is this clear because I did not add curry to the sauce. Sometimes, I do add curry to it. Like I said earler, I enjoy it more without sweet corn. However, when sweetcorn is fried with vegetables before adding, it becomes my favorite.The reason I add sweet corn is the girls. They prefer it with corn. SEE MORE ON CURRIED RICE HERE. The vegetables can be cooked with very small quantity of oil. I needed this oil for my egg plant sauce.