Before and after images reveal why you should NOT leave your mobile phone charging overnight

Phone left to charge overnight
Firefighters have warned of the dangers of leaving a mobile phone charging after a blaze ripped through a girl's bedroom.
They believe the phone battery overheated while it was charging, resulting in a fire that
gutted the room.
The first floor of the building also suffered severe smoke damage.
The incident - which happened on Tuesday in Morfa Bychan, near Porthmadog - has prompted a warning from firefighters not to leave phones charging overnight.
How the bedroom looked before and after the blaze
How the bedroom looked before and after the blaze
The girl's room before the fire outbreak
It is not clear whether the phone charger in this incident was bought from a reputable manufacturer, reported Wales Online.
However, senior fire safety manager at North Wales Police, Stuart Millington, said the incident "highlights how quickly a fire can spread".

He gave the following advice for minimising the risk of a fire in such circumstances:

  1. Only ever purchase chargers from a reputable source.
  2. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidance
  3. Turn chargers off and unplug them before you go to bed
  4. Never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods
  5. Always charge your phone on a hard surface. Do not charge it on bedding or any combustible surface.
  6. Make sure you have a working smoke alarm installed in your property and test it weekly

Comments

SHARE THIS POST

BLOG VIEWS

Shop