Hello Aunty Eya and wives connection family, please help. I have a life saving microwave oven in my kitchen, and it has honestly made my life so much easier when it comes to heating up food for me my husband and the kids. I use it to warm up leftover food,  pop corn, boil water sometimes and even use it to clean my kitchen sponge (kinda just nuke the sponge for 30 seconds to kill off bacteria and germs).
Whenever the microwave oven is on, I'm always careful not to stand near it, for fear that there may be
radiation leaks, or that it's somehow hazardous to my health.
Please helo me clearify cuz my husband keeps warning me to stop warming food in it because according to him and a few neighbours, it increases our risk of having cancer?


  1. Hi poster, I also depend a lot on the microwave oven and I remember being told to put it away when I got the saladmaster cookware, I tried to avoid using it but that's almost impossible because I cook and freeze and it's the microwave that helps make my life easier in the mornings especially. We have heard so much about microwave ovens radioactivity and all that but read below what the WHO and other experts say:

    The WHO also states that "it is important to realise that food cooked in a microwave oven does not become 'radioactive'.
    Nor does any microwave energy remain in the cavity or the food after the microwave oven is switched off."

    2. Experts from Parkway Cancer Centre - medical director and senior consultant Dr Ang Peng Tiam and senior consultant Dr See Hui Ti, say you don't have to worry as there is no scientific basis for this claim.
    Microwave ovens work by super charging water molecules in food, causing them to rapidly vibrate and produce heat, which in turn cooks the food.

    3. I believe number 1 and 2 above.

    1. My kids love pizza a lot and the pizza button on my microwave oven has been a great blessing because I can't afford to buy every time they ask. Taking it off the kitchen means buying pizza like all the time, where I get that kind money?

  2. Mrs RK7/06/2016

    I used to be scared of using the microwave ovens until I travelled abroad * Oh yes* and saw that everyone over there depends on this kitchen equipment because their lives are too fast, no time to waste and be dulling in the kitchen cooking for 2 hours and wiping sweat:

    Here are some tips on using a microwave oven safely:
    - Always check that your microwave oven is in good working condition. If the door doesn't close properly or is warped or bent, it's time to replace your appliance.
    - Only use containers, bowls, plates or cups that are labelled microwave-safe. Plastics that aren't meant to be microwaved can melt and leak chemicals into your food when nuked.
    - Avoid using metal or aluminium foil in the microwave oven.
    - Do not overheat food for too long either, as the nutritional value of food can be quickly compromised when overcooked. On this note, be very careful not to overheat plain water as well. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that doing so may lead to "erupted hot water phenomena" where the water becomes hot beyond boiling temperature, and violently explodes out of the cup upon movement. Just be careful and replace faulty ovens ASAP.

  3. I heard this as a child and it has still not come to pass......just saying

  4. D only danger I heard about it is heating food with plastic.

  5. Baby Doctor7/09/2016

    When you make microwave popcorn, be careful not to inhale the fumes (I know they smell really nice) it has been proven to cause cancer.

  6. In addition, on the off chance that it is unified with a warming capacity then it can be utilized for raising the mixture as well.


Post a Comment

Click on the pictures to make them bigger.
Feel free to email us with comments, suggestions, recipe ideas, or pretty much anything!
Contact Email: cuulme@gmail.com

Most comments are by other blog readers. Always seek Professional Help First.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn a little commission when you shop from links placed on this blog.”