|Delicious plantain cake.|
Plantain cakes can be baked with either ripe or unripe plantain or with a mixture of both blended together. This delicious cake was baked with ripe plantain. The process of baking this is a bit similar to baking with flour except that here you blend the plantain first of all, and ,there is no beating of eggs with margarine. Everything is added, whisked to mix very well and then poured into the baking pan. The ingredients are same cake baking ingredients, just that here there is no sugar added because ripe plantains are sweet. Baking plantain cakes is another great way of making use of ripe plantains before they go bad. Sometimes plantains get ripe all at once and aside making dodo, roasting and boiling, people can't think of other ways of serving them. With this method of cooking/baking ripe plantains, THAT is solved. This plantain cake is a balanced meal with all essential food nutrients.
INGREDIENTS FOR PLANTAIN CAKE:
- 5 ripe plantains
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to tone down the sweetness
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
BAKING PROCEDURE FOR PLANTAIN CAKE:
- Peel, cut into pieces and blend the plantain with a little water.
- Empty into a bowl and add all other ingredients
- Whisk and mix very well before emptying into a greased baking pan.
- Put in a preheated oven and bake till skewer comes out clean. This cake baked in 4o minutes.
See baking pictures below...