My Chinese style shredded beef gravy (Beef curry sauce) without oyster sauce though. Cooked with mostly Nigerian ingredients and served with boiled rice. Yummy sauce.
- I kg shredded beef
- 2 large green peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers (tatashey)
- 3 large carrots
- 3 cabbage leaves
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon baking flour to thicken
- 1 sachet knorr gravy powder (Roast meat)
- Salt to taste
- seasoning cubes to taste
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoonfuls curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce (Optional)
- Wash and boil shredded beef with salt and onion until tender, cut beef flat to help cook much
- faster as cube shapes take longer to get tender. Let it simmer until all the beef juices are out and brown before adding water.
- Add vegetables all at once, stir to kix well and check for taste before covering briefly to cook a bit but still crunchy.
- Add thickener at this time. I skipped flour because after adding the knorr gravy, the sauce got as thick as I wanted, didn't want it too thick so I left the flour out. By this time, the kitchen is full of rich gravy aroma begging to be served.
- Satisfied with the taste and thickness? Turn off the heat and serve with boiled rice.
See also this beef sauce below
|See also this beef sauce|
|CHICKEN SAUCE RECIPE|
CHECK OUT ALSO:
|BASMATI RICE WITH GAVY RECIPE|