|Freshly baked simple madeia cake.|
Ingredients For My Madeira Cake:
3 cups flour self raising ( I made my own self raising flour to use)
250g sugar ( 1 cup = 200g)
250g butter (I used one sachet Simas Baking margarine )
4 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup powder milk
baked for 20 minutes.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature, not from the fridge.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees, if your oven is like mine without settings, just preheat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line or grease your baking pan
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy/fluffy- pale.
- Add your eggs gradually beating and mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour and milk, your batter will be thick and creamy.
- Spoon into a baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till
skewer (Toothpick) comes out clean).
Check out cake recipes below...
- How to bake cake on a stove, no oven
- Baking cakes in a sandwich toaster
- Different cake baking recipes in one place
|Beating the sugar and margarine. Just added eggs one after the other while beating|
|Making my self raising flour to use|
|Madeira cake just baked|
|My delicious madeira cake being cut|