|Groundnut dry afang soup served with low carb guinea corn fufu.|
INGREDIENTS FOR GROUNDNUT DRY AFANG SOUP:
- 2 cups roast groundnut
- 2 cups dry afang
- 1 kilo beef
- 1 smoked titus (mackerel) fish
- pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Onion to boil the beef
- 2 knorr seasoning cubes
- 2 tablespoons palm oil
- 1 Large bunch water leaf (You can use spinach)
|2 cups of groundnut (peanut) waiting to be grinded|
|Already ground peanuts with the dry afang|
|Adding fish and other ingredients to stock|
|Ready for vegetables|
- Wash and boil the beef with salt and onion until tender.
- Add more water if stock is too little in the pot, at least 4 cups to start with but you may need to continue adding water as you cook because groundnut soup thickens fast. Add smoked fish, check for salt, add seasoning cubes, palm oil and pepper, then cover to boil before adding the ground peanuts. Stir the groundnut to mix well and cover, leave it to boil very well.
- Check that the soup is not too thick, if you are satisfied with the consistency, add the vegetables now, stir and cover for at least 2 minutes, open and check again. If soup is not too thick, check again for salt and if you are satisfied with the delicious taste and aroma already filling your kitchen, turn off the heat and serve with any kind of fufu or boiled rice.
Click below to see more groundnut soup recipes on the blog: