|Salted boiled rice served with shredded chicken gravy|
Ingredients for uziza chicken pepper soup:
|A serving of fried yam with sausages and fish stew|
Ingredients for my fried yam with sausages and tomato fish stew:
| white yam about to be served|
The way I cook my stew is very simple. I had posted before that I do not fry tomatoes every time I make stew. What I do is preserve already fried tomatoes in the freezer. This fried tomatoes has blended onion, blended pepper, sometimes blended tatashe too in it. While frying the boiled and blended tomatoes, I add my knorr, maggi or royco cubes. The stew is almost set except that there is no meat or fish in it.
When I am preparing a particular dish and I need stew, all I do is boil my meat, fish, chicken or what ever source of protein I'm using. Add the
|moi moi served with chilled garri|
Ingredients for garri with moi moi:
- well cooked moi moi
- a bowl of garri
- 4 cubes of sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- cold water
|A balanced meal of Garri and moi moi|
Procedure for making garri:
- Add some water to the bowl of garri
- filter out the chaff in the garri if you don't want the fibre
- Add the sugar and salt, stir and taste for salt and sugar
|Mommy (Photo credit: liquene)|
My name is Sharon, I am 11 years old. Iam in JS 1. Aunty, in my School, all my friends and many of my class mates have boyfriends. Even my BFF has got a boyfriend this term. They said that they won't tell their momms. I am now like the only one who does not want. I asked my Mommy to tell me when it is ok for me to start dating boys? she says that 20 or 21 years is Ok.
I did not like my moms answer, I told her that most of my classmates have boyfriends already and me I will just try to get to 15 before I have one. She disagreed with me. she thinks that
|a serving of gravy with curried rice and some chopped cucumbers|
- shredded chicken
- vegetable oil
- green pepper
- seasoning cubes
|drying smoked fish in the sun to prevent molds. the ones with molds were not properly dried before storing|
| a serving of Rivers native |
Procedure for cooking Rivers native soup:
1. Steam your meat with onions,pepper and maggi.
2. Clean your shrimps and ngolo(take off the back of the shrimps)
3. Steam your ngolo, shrimps and kpomo separately for a few minutes(half done)
4 .When the meat is soft enough ,pour in Ųя stockfish, dryfish, lil bit of palm oil,crayfish, pepper,
5 .Keep checking so it doesn't stick to the pot, when the palm oil is well mixed, pour in the half done shrimps, kpomo and ngolo, stir and cover again for 3 minutes then pour in your uziza.
|Nigerian chickien with vegetable gravy still cooking|
- Add the washed shredded chicken, maggi arome, some chopped onion, some chopped green pepper, salt and curry in a pot. Stir, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Check for salt, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add sieved baking flour and some water, mix properly, check for salt and seasoning, let it simmer for another 5 minutes
- Back To Vegetables
- Add the chopped vegetables with curry, a little vegetable oil, seasoning and salt to taste. Stir and cook in low heat for 5 to 7 minutes
- Empty cooked vegetables and the shredded chicken sauce in a pot, check for thickness, salt and seasoning before covering and leaving to simmer for 5 minutes or as long as you feel is Ok for you, before turning off the heat.
- Serve with rice,
|a serving of okra soup with stewed chicken and fish|
This soup is very easy to cook and fast too. First,I made sure that was done with cooking the chicken and making eba, before facing the okra soup.
It was super duper delicious! The aroma, sweet, the taste... heavenly.
- The washed, salted chicken is put in a fry pan with some chopped onion. The heat is turned on.
- It boils, begins to look dry, so I add some vegetable oil by the sides of the pan, cover for four minutes, checked and turned the chicken over, added a little stew before covering to simmer.
- Chicken boils for another four minutes before the pan is put in the microwave oven for five minutes. Chicken is turned over and left for another five minutes before bringing out of the oven and putting on paper to drain oil
- Back to the soup:
- Washed and
|a portion of fried spaghetti and chicken|
Hmmmmm, now we know that bloggers can sure COOK! *wink*
Spaghetti recipe prepared jus† like fried rice. I go† the idea while i prepared a pot of fried rice on christmas day.....i thought, "Why no†
make spaghetti exactly like this?" So, I finally resolved to try i† out.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRIED SPAGHETTI AND CHICKEN:
• Groundnut oil
• Green pepper
•Wash chicken, and boil with onions, pepper, salt, maggi, curry, thyme, ginger and garlic. Use enough wa†er so that when the chicken is done, you s†ill have enough to boil your spaghetti in.
• When the chicken is done, bring them out of the wa†er/stock and pu† in a seive. Then pour your spaghetti into the stock wa†er, add a little oil and more spices if you need to, then bring to a boil. When when the pot s†ar†s boiling, turn the heat waaaaay down and le† i† simmer gently till i†'s done. Check constantly to make sure that i†'s no† burning, and stir it a little. Add jus† enough wa†er if you need more, but no† too much so da† i† doesn'† ge† over done. (Spaghetti is quite starchy, so perboil it if you want to reduce the starch, but be careful no† to overdo i†, and remember to add oil so i† doesn'† stick together)
• Fry the chicken and se† aside. Try no† to eat it as you cook or you won't have any left by the †ime the food is ready.....hahahahha!
• While the
|a serving of fried yam wedges with peppered corned beef|
please do not forget that I keep saying buy small canned Exeter corned beef because it gives me better results
|my funny hair twist out|
never show pictures of my natural hair. Why should I? The reason we post on blogs is to effect the lives of our readers, we publish post that will entertain, inform and maybe, inspire some one out there.
Now with this hair, what is there to inspire some one? I prefer to leave it short because it's like the longer it gets, the thinner it gets. Please do not talk about using the right chemicals and all that, because, this my scanty hair is in the genes.
Before I decided to go natural, I had searched unsuccessfully for hair relaxers that do not contain parabens. When I started getting the Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis spots, I felt like my body is reacting to chemical over load: Chemicals from creams, soaps, processed foods, body sprays, conditioners and so on.
Going natural was my way of trying to reduce the amount of chemicals that go into my system. At least ,for the time I carry natural hair, the ones that penetrate through the head will have to wait.
Yesterday, I confessed to Myne how her twists inspired me to do mine. On Myne's blog, Romance Meets Life, I commented on what happened, when I tried to hide the not so good twist out from the public.
Well, I can still spill here... On Sunday morning, when I looked at my twist out in the mirror, I felt like they were not good enough for the church congregation to see and get distracted. Wore a traditional skirt and top, tied my head with the other piece and set for church.
Now the only savior is the cloth. What happens to the twists on my head? I untied my head and used the piece
Hi Ladies, I got this very early this morning from Debbie Denard. She wants me to share with my blog readers. So, enjoy!
The face of modern fashion is changing, and the days of being forced into drab, shapeless garments are over for the plus-sized woman. Today’s full-figured fashionistas have a huge selection of styles,
Hello Esteemed Readers, anyone got a special dish you feel you are good at? A
|a serving of healthy, great taste macaroni|
Cooking this delicacy took 15 minutes from
|A serving of simple Nigerian pancakes. The eggs made is this soft, you can make with less eggs.|
- I sieved the flour into a bowl, added just a pinch of salt
- mixed 2 spoons of powdered milk and sugar in a glass of water before adding to the flour
- Added much thinly chopped onion and stirred with a wooden spoon until there is a smooth free flowing paste like what we see in the third picture above. (tasted and dropped in a little more sugar)
- Added the eggs last, and
|Ingredients, Eggs, crayfish, onion, red pepper, seasoning|
INGREDIENTS FOR MY TOMATO EGG SAUCE
| getting ready for my special cole slaw with heinz classic mayonnaise,|
salad cream, Premium dressing and thousand Island premium dressing.
I never use all at once, it is either one or the other depending on how I want to use the cole slaw
A reader wants to know how to make salad and cole slaw
I had to post this again because readers complained of being unable to view the pictures. I hope this opens. Readers of Linda Ikejis Blog will definitely recognize Bonario. His comments are so memorable to many. To see the ones that refused to open, go here.
He was inspired to share after seeing the pics of our visit to Agbokim waterfalls while enjoying Christmas at the village.