|A Pot Of Fresh And Healthy Afang Vegetable Soup|
Some people boil Waterleaf or squeeze out the green juice before
adding to soup, well, I don't and it has never hurt us nor changed the taste of my soups. I wash and add waterleaf at the same time with other vegetables cos I can't afford to let my veggies over cook or lose their nutrients.
Like I always say here, after adding veggies, it is best not to allow the pot boil for long cos that will make your soup watery as the vegetables will bring out all their juices while boiling.
Serve vegetable soups fresh, green and a bit crunchy.
Ingredients For This Afang Soup:
- Shredded Afang Vegetables---#500 Naira Worth
- Water leaf---2 very large bundles
- Goat meat---1kg
- Stock Fish--2 packs
- Dried Catfish--2 large ones
- Crayfish--1 cup
- Pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning cubes--2 or more depending on your taste buds
- Palm oil
- Large Snails (optional)
- Periwinkles (optional)
|Boiling washed Goatmeat and washed stock-fish with onion, salt, seasoning and a little water|
|Meat and stock are ready for cooking to begin|
|Adding Scrubbed and washed catfish and checking for salt. Cover and bring to a boil. While soup is cooking, fry the ground crayfish and onion in hot oil and add at once or add after adding the vegetables.|
|Washed Waterleaf and Ground or pounded afang vegetable are added to to the pot when meat is soft enough and everything is cooked. Vegetable should come in only when everything is cooked.|
CLICK TO VIEW MORE NIGERIAN SOUP RECIPES:
- Nigerian groundnut soup with pumpkin vegetables
- Ogbono soup with vegetables
- How to cook Nigerian white soup
- Rivers State Onunu and Fish Pepper soup By Young Awesome Mum
- How to cook egusi balls in draw soup
- Ogbono soup with lumpy egusi
- How to cook ogbono soup without meat
- How to cook learners' Onugbu soup
Quick Question pls... Can Irish potatoes be boiled and made like pounded yam? Has anyone tried it before?