Hello Eya, my name is............, and I operate an Islamic family blog,........................ , it's something I just created and I have been having a lot of rave reviews. I do not know much about monetizing the blog, a friend just told me that since the Ramadan fast is coming I should try to get adverts...
I do not know the first thing about this. Even if I secure some, how will I get the adverts to display in banners on the blog? I really don't know, please come to my aid, another thing is how do I do this ' click to read more thing' that most blogs have in their Web version? I think it's better having such clause to enable more clicks on articles. I await your kind response.
By the way, I am an ardent reader of your blog.. I remember a post on how you spent your Christmas holiday or something like that, and where you also uploaded the holiday experience of one of your readers, your blog has come a long way. We thank God. I await your response ma.
Thank you in anticipation.
My Blogging Tips: To monetize your blog, you need to apply for Adsence. When your application is approved, Google will direct you on what to do to see adverts showing on your blog. To get your application approved, there are a few things you really need to do and observe:
- No copyright content. From the first post you publish on your blog make sure that everything is original content. Don't copy information or content from other websites into your blog. Google is highly against intellectual property theft. Do not put copyrighted content on your blog.
- Let your blog start getting some good traffic before you apply. However, you must not get traffic from sites that promise to increase your traffic for a fee. Again, sites that pay people to click and increase your views whether they read or not should be avoided. You need organic traffic. TRAFFIC is very important cos you need real people to click on the ads.
- Get an About page. I saw that on your blog but your picture is not there. You know they will visit your site before approval, they need to be sure it's not a spam site. Your personality. You as the owner of that blog should make yourself available there. Try to upload a picture of you. Just like you see my "About me" below (*Though some of my readers don't like it cos they want me to give away all my identity, lolz)*. I just checked your blog and there is no way I can contact you if I need to. Include an email address, phone number etc., make it easy for your blog readers to contact you if need be.
- Design your blog well, organize it well too. I discovered some templates slow down loading time. Your blog needs to load fast. This is very important too. When I click on a blog to read and it's taking too much time to load, I immediately abandon it cos I have too many things to do in a short time and most bloggers are like that. You will lose readers if your pages don't load fast. "Awesome Incorporated" is a good template to choose. Your "Picture window" loaded very fast for me anyway. Hope it continues that way when you add more content. Give a clear description of your blog, let readers know what your blog is all about, what to expect when they click to read your post. It is an Islamic family blog, so, you have to state it clearly up there in blog description.
- All Your posts show every word from beginning to the end. Readers should be able to chose what they want to read. You need to make use of your jump break;
Go to your dashboard, Where you type before publishing (post editor). Below your post title, place your cursor on all those Alphabets and icons one after the other to see what they do for your post.
Once you place the cursor on any of those, it shows you what it is used for. Move from (B)BOLD, (I)ITALICS, ( U) UNDRLINE, (
ABC) STRIKETHROUH. Now go to your post editor, place your cursor on all those till you get to "Insert jump break" That's it.
Activity: Now you type in something you want to publish on your blog, something say 20 lines, take your cursor back to the 10th line of the post, Click so it starts blinking, then, move it to the jump break icon and click there.
Insert jump break is what you use to hide some part of your post. Once you click on it, your unpublished post is divided where the blinking icon is. When you publish, the part below that blinking mark is hidden and readers have to click to be able to read that part.
Remember: *Ensure that your cursor is placed where you want the "READ MORE" or CONTINUE READING to appear, click on it to start blinking before going to click on "Insert jump break"
You also need to place a search button on your blog to enable readers search for what they need to read. Not only that, I didn't see a Translate button. Place that too to enable readers translate your blog to their preferred languages.
Those who want to subscribe to yo updates cannot do that because you haven't placed the Subscription button yet.
To add these last three gadgets (buttons), go to your dashboard and click on Layout. This is directly below stats and Earnings. Click on Layout and wait for it to open, then click on Add Gadgets. Here you get to see all the gadgets and pick the ones you need and want.
Try all these and let's see where you still have difficulty. I trust other readers to add some correction and tips for you.