Unlike my BEACH COCONUT RICE that was moderately cooked, this
one was actually overcooked and soft.
For the PEPPER SAUCE, I used it because I wanted that fried pepper taste in the coconut rice.
- rice 2 cups
- coconut milk powder 2 sachets
- pepper sauce
- a little well ground crayfish
- knorr seasoning cubes
- vegetable oil
Cooking Steps For My Simple Coconut Rice:
- Fry onion in oil, add chicken stock to the fried onion, allow to boil
- Mix coconut milk with powder with some water and add to boiling pot, add seasoning and salt, add pepper sauce and allow to boil
- Add washed rice, check for salt, reduce heat and allow to simmer. If you want your rice over cooked and soft, then, you may need to check and add some more water and salt
- Cook in low heat till tender and serve with BOILED AND DRY FRIED SOFT CHICKEN. While dry frying, when you feel like the fried chicken is brown enough, add your pepper sauce to it and stir.
For dry frying chicken, if the oil from the chicken is not enough to fry it nicely, then add a few drops of oil to the corners of your pan.