| green vegetables, titus fish sauce, fish with white rice|
A lot of people do not like this fish because of it's smell. I have my way of cooking which removes that fish smell. Although nomember of my family agrees to eat this fish with me, I still love it. *wink* I like it cooked in tomato or just fried and eaten as a snack. When I buy this fish, I just know that no one will agree to eat with me so I buy the quantity I can finish. LOL!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BOILED RICE, FISH SAUCE AND GREEN AMARANTH
- 3 cups Rice
- 1 large Fresh Titus Fish
- 1 large bunch Amaranthus
- 1 teaspoon ground Fresh Pepper
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 3 cups Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 knorr cubes
STEPS TO COOKING THIS DELICACY:
- The rice is washed and boiled with some salt. When cooked, it is kept somewhere to wait for the fish sauce and vegetables.
- The fish is salted, put in a pot with a little water, vegetable oil and some chopped onions, and brought to a boil.
- Ground Fresh pepper and just two tea spoons of tomato paste added. knorr cubes and maggi are also added to taste. I tried to avoid stirring so I do not crush the fish. With the fish boiling in that peppered tomato sauce, I checked for salt and allowed to simmer.
- The washed amaranthus is chopped with all the soft parts of the stalk, It is slightly salted and put in a pot. Without waiting, I immediately begin to stir until I see the vegetables begin to turn darker. Without delay, the heat is turned off. The hot pot continues to cook this tender veggies, that's why I can't leave it for even five minutes on the cooker. Depending on the quantity I make though.
- Serve hot. It is best eaten with the fish sauce poured on the white rice as seen in the third picture below.
|Boiled rice with fish sauce, fish and green leafy Amaranth vegetables|
Cooking fresh fish in tomato sauce with some fresh pepper removes the fish smell. I do not allow vegetable sellers to cut the stalk off. I only take off a little part of the stalk. I love the crunchy healthy feel. The fiber in the stalk is also very good for my digestive system.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPER SAUCE:
- Grind fresh red pepper with some chopped onions and enough seasoning cubes. For half a mudu of pepper, at least six or more seasoning cubes.
- Add the ground mixture to cold vegetable oil, place pot on the cooker and turn on the heat.
- Stir until it boils, check for seasoning and salt, *avoid frying* turn off the heat when it boils and begins to taste cooked. Once the raw pepper taste disappears, turn off the heat and you have your tasty pepper sauce.