| roasting salted boiled chicken parts|
There are so many methods of cooking chicken. Roasting, boiling, frying, grilling, smoking etc. This method of roasting salted boiled chicken parts is suitable for our local breed chickens that have tough meat.
|chicken stock removed before roasting chicken|
- The washed and salted chicken parts are boiled with some chopped onion and ground pepper if needed. For the chicken in the pictures, I did not add pepper for the sake of the kids. Curry tytoo was left out because I wanted the real salted chicken taste. Knorr cube too was left out. Normally I boil with enough salt and chopped onion only to get that home made natural chicken flavor.
- Because the meat is tough, I allow to simmer until tender before draining out the stock.
- The boiled chicken parts are then put in a heated dry pot or pan and allowed to fry only with the oil inside the chicken. The pot burns the meat lightly, thus, giving it a kind of mama's chicken taste.
- Once in the hot pan, the meat is allowed to dark brown before flipping sides.
- The stock is kept in the refrigerator and used for my curried mixed vegetable rice.
If you do nothave the time to wait until it dry fries properly, then you need to microwave a little, to save you the disgusted feeling of biting into red blood. For that Recipe, go HERE
|how to cook chicken parts|
|roasting boiled salted chicken in a heated fry pan|
Chicken parts roasted this way can be served with tomato stew and boiled rice, fried rice, jollof rice or even served with some green vegetable rice.
To see how to avoid biting into bloody chicken, Visit HERE.