| getting ready for my special cole slaw with heinz classic mayonnaise,|
salad cream, Premium dressing and thousand Island premium dressing.
I never use all at once, it is either one or the other depending on how I want to use the cole slaw
A reader wants to know how to make salad and cole slaw
.Today I am posting how I make my cole slaw.
Both vegetable and Fruit salad recipes will come later.
|cole slaw with salad cream|
|ingredients for my cole slaw|
- onion (optional)
- warm water
- Salad dressing
STEPS TO MAKING MY COLE SLAW
- The carrots are washed and peeled like oranges before shredding with a sharp grater.
- The cabbage is chopped with a knife and soaked in salted warm water for about 5 to 7 minutes. (the salted warm water takes away that cabbage smell)
- A few slices of thinly chopped onion are mixed with the carrots and cabbage.(optional)
- The salad cream, mayonnaise or other dressings are added to the mixture depending on the flavor I want, and what I want to eat the cole slaw with.
- My cole slaw is stored in the fridge 'cos I like it cold!
|grating clean carrots for cole slaw making|
|chopping cabbage for cole slaw|
|chopped cabbage soaked in a bowl of salted warm water|
|cole slaw with more carrots than usual|
|enjoying my cole slaw without jollof rice|
NOTE:1. I did not add onion to this because I didn't want onion breath on a sunday :()
NOTE:2. The carrot is more because I wanted more orange color today.
NOTE:3. I do not add boiled egg here, leave that for mashed potato salad.