|A serving of simple Nigerian pancakes. The eggs made is this soft, you can make with less eggs.|
- I sieved the flour into a bowl, added just a pinch of salt
- mixed 2 spoons of powdered milk and sugar in a glass of water before adding to the flour
- Added much thinly chopped onion and stirred with a wooden spoon until there is a smooth free flowing paste like what we see in the third picture above. (tasted and dropped in a little more sugar)
- Added the eggs last, and stirred again until well mixed
- Scoop and pour gently in a hot fry pan that has just a few drops of oil in it. ( I tilted the fry pan to different directions, so that the little oil wets the whole bottom of the pan, before pouring in the flour)
- In just a matter of seconds, I felt it was beginning to get burnt, so, I flipped over with a spatula, flattened, and gave some seconds to cook before bringing out of the pan, dropped in a little more oil before pouring in another round of flour.
- This was served hot!
|Frying my simple pancake with just some drops of vegetable oil in my old fry pan. Remember this fry pan?|
the girls were getting ready for school.
I do not like to cook that early, but do not know why once in a while, they ask
to eat pancakes on their way to school. Lol! This is so easy and fast to make,
so , I just please them, rush into the kitchen and get it done
even before they are out of the bathroom.
CLICK 1-3 BELOW TO SEE OTHER PANCAKE RECIPES:
1. FOR HOW TO MAKE BANANA PANCAKES, GO HERE
2. HOW TO MAKE PANCAKE ROLLS AND VEGETABLE FILLINGS, GO HERE
3. HOW TO MAKE PANCAKE ROLLS AT HOME, GO HERE
|fresh simple naija pancakes|
|mixing ingredients for the pancakes. Mix chopped onion, sugar, a pinch of salt, milk and water to a runny mixture like what is here before adding your eggs.|
- 1 full cup flour
- 3 eggs or less. If it's pancake rolls you are making, then three eggs are ok to enable easy folding in of the fillings.
- Vegetable oil
|my simple Nigerian pancakes served hot|
|simple but delicious pancake cooking in a pan|