|curried vegetable rolls for their lunch boxes|
I left out sardines because the girls didn't want anything to do with fish.
For fish lovers like me, crushing and adding sardines to the chopped vegetables is great!
One thing I haven't told you diary, is that I can do a lot of things
in my kitchen with just cabbage, carrots and onion.
Do you know, just adding salad dressing to these vegetables
will create my simple cole slaw?
Adding them to my indomie noodles will give me my
curried vegetable indomie noodles. You see! That is why I make sure
that these are always available in the refrigerator.
They provide quick fixes in my kitchen almost every day.
|grated carrots, chopped cabbage, chopped onion, this was before adding curry|
|rolling flour for my curried vegetable rolls|
|vegetables in oil before turning on the heat|
- knorr or maggi seasoning
- vegetable oil
|cabbage overpowers carrots here, well, depends on what is available at the time|
|stir fried vegetables waiting to be wrapped up|
- I stir fried the chopped vegetables in oil with some curry and seasoning
- The flour is mixed with a drop of vegetable oil, milk, sugar and a pinch of salt to tone down the sugar. These are added to taste, 'cos I actually tasted some flour with the tip of my tongue.
- It is rolled into tiny flat circle shapes, the stir fried vegetables are dropped in the circles and gradually folded up, with the ends pressed down to prevent frying oil from seeping in
- The folded rolls are then fried till brown
- The oil automatically dries up as soon as the rolls are brought out of the pan.
|frying the rolls till brown|
I actually enjoyed this along with the kids because it is yummy,
and I made sure that the sugar wasn't much.
|stir fried vegetables ready for wrapping|
|chopped cabbage and onion, no carrots, lol!|
|no carrots, making do with what is available|
|fried rolls waiting to be packed|
Lovers of fish rolls will really enjoy this vegetable rolls. Just a drop of oil in the flour before mixing and rolling. Adding too much oil makes them soft and unlikable.
Anyway diary, I am neither a chef nor a food expert, just trying to share my little cooking skills with other ladies and even men! Trying to show that cooking doesn't have to be that serious.