|A serving of moimoi cooked with corned beef, bags and tatashe|
side to other meals. Moi moi is made from beans, it is a very healthy meal to my body.
there was no electricity to blend, so, the washed beans was sent to the mill. I finished washing and skinning the beans in 20 minutes. As at the time I was done with washing and adding tatashe, onions and
crayfish, another 10 minutes went by. Total time used to wash and get this beans ready was 30 minutes.
The result justifies the time spent washing. 20 minutes is not much considering the time it takes to wash without a grater.
I enjoyed this moi moi. For variety, you can pour some stew on it before eating. For me I wanted to enjoy that sweet corned beef flavor in there.
|4 cups of beans "7cm cup"|
|washed beans, washed and chopped tatashe, crayfish,and onions|
- 4 cups Beans
- 4 big tatashe
- chopped onion
- 3 seasoning cubes
- vegetable oil
- cellophane bags (santana)
- warm, and later hot water
For pictorials on how to Use moi moi leaves,wrap and fold the leaves, Go HERE
|washed beans. how to wash beans Go To how to wash and skin beans fast|
|just added corned beef to the ground beef|
|chunks of corned beef waiting to be mixed|
|moi moi tied in bags and put in a cooking pot|
- The beans is washed and skinned, see it's done HERE
- chopped onion, crayfish and chopped tatashe are added "cut tatashe open, remove seeds and stalk before adding"
- Blend or take to a mill
- After blending, add some vegetable oil, salt and seasoning to taste "check with the tip of your tongue"
- Add some warm water to the consistency you want. For hard moi moi, add very little water. For soft moi moi, add some more water, check for salt. It is better not to add enough salt in moi moi than to cook it with too much salt
- Add corned beef in chunks and stir just once or twice
- pour in bags, hold tight with thumb and index finger, wrap around the thumb once and take it round the bag, in between the ring and pinky ( last) finger for about 3 or 4 times, then pull out the thumb and knot or tie which ever way is easier for you. (make it tight).
- In a pot, pour hot water to cover all the moi moi before placing on a cooker
- I allowed this one to cook for 30 minutes, when I checked, it was ready.
- Serve with stew, rice or just enjoy your moi moi.
|just added hot water to the pot before placing on the cooker|
|moi moi boils and increases in size. Pot becomes too small for the quantity of moi moi in it|
|A lesson, cook moi moi in a large pot.|
|cooked moi moi looking delicious|
|cooked moi moi waiting to be served|
|eating the yummy moi moi|
The good thing about this moi moi is that even after giving out some, I still had enough to share with the freezer.
Remember to cook your moi moi in a large pot. If you are cooking with leaves, see pictorials on wrapping and folding the moi moi leaves HERE