Shishi is the blogger behind: www.blushesanddimples.
|a portion of fried spaghetti and chicken|
Hmmmmm, now we know that bloggers can sure COOK! *wink*
Spaghetti recipe prepared jus† like fried rice. I go† the idea while i prepared a pot of fried rice on christmas day.....i thought, "Why no†
make spaghetti exactly like this?" So, I finally resolved to try i† out.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRIED SPAGHETTI AND CHICKEN:
• Groundnut oil
• Green pepper
•Wash chicken, and boil with onions, pepper, salt, maggi, curry, thyme, ginger and garlic. Use enough wa†er so that when the chicken is done, you s†ill have enough to boil your spaghetti in.
• When the chicken is done, bring them out of the wa†er/stock and pu† in a seive. Then pour your spaghetti into the stock wa†er, add a little oil and more spices if you need to, then bring to a boil. When when the pot s†ar†s boiling, turn the heat waaaaay down and le† i† simmer gently till i†'s done. Check constantly to make sure that i†'s no† burning, and stir it a little. Add jus† enough wa†er if you need more, but no† too much so da† i† doesn'† ge† over done. (Spaghetti is quite starchy, so perboil it if you want to reduce the starch, but be careful no† to overdo i†, and remember to add oil so i† doesn'† stick together)
• Fry the chicken and se† aside. Try no† to eat it as you cook or you won't have any left by the †ime the food is ready.....hahahahha!
• While the spaghetti is simmering, fry some onions and the vegetables (green pepper, carrots and cabbage) in a seperate pot, spice with a little salt , maggi and pepper as you fry to add †as†e to i†. When the veggies are soft (no† too soft) turn off the fire.
• Ge† another pot for the mixing. Pu† the spaghetti and the veggies in the new pot and keep stirring gently till they are evenly mixed. That way, the little oil you used to fry the veggies will also spread evenly and prevent the spaghetti from sticking together when cold.
• Cover the pot for a minute, then stir and pu† out the fire. Food haff done!
I† has a different †as†e from fried rice because spaghetti has a distinctive flavour.
|ingredients for cooking fried spaghetti|
|chopped vegetables for fried spaghetti|
|spaghetti ready to be cooked|
|chicken boiling in seasoned stock|
|cooked chicken parts waiting to be fried|
|spaghetti boiling in chicken stock|
|healthy fried spaghetti sauce|
|curried spaghetti mixed with vegetable sauce|
|a yummy portion of fried spaghetti|
To learn more about the cook of this sumptous meal, Shi shi, Go to www.blushesanddimples.