|melon soup with washed bitter leaf, fish, beef and kpomo|
This soup wascalled "an award winning soup" by one of hubby's friends after clearing his plate.
INGREDIENTS FOR MELON SOUP
- washed bitter leaf
- Smoked fish
- cow skin( kpomo)
- palm oil
- knorr cubes
|eba with egusi soup|
- We cooked the washed and salted beef in a dry pot, added some chopped onions and pepper, brought to a quick boil and then allowed to simmer.
- The kpomo was washed with salt, chopped and added for about five minutes before removing and keeping in another container
- When the beef got tender, more water was added with some more salt and seasoning to taste.
- Once it starts boiling, the ground egusi (melon) is poured in with some crayfish and then covered
- The egusi is allowed to boil before stirring, palm oil is added and covered again
- The washed and picked smoked fish and kpomo come in here. I Check for salt and cover again.
- The washed bitter leaf, which at this time is no longer bitter, is added sparingly with continuous stirring
- I checked for salt again, covered and allowed to boil for a few minutes before turning off the heat
|pot of egusi soup with a side of eba|
Egusi soup is beat enjoyed with eba. Some people love it with pounded yam, but I prefer my eba.