|Jollof spaghetti with veggies and corned beef|
This meal came in handy when we got home after the long trip to Agbokim waterfalls. There was no time to go shopping and we had to just think of something that will cook fast. These were part of our luggage from Abuja and cooked in less than thirty minutes.
The taste was great and I enjoyed chewing the shredded carrots in there.
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKING SPAGHETTI WITH VEGETABLES AND CORNED BEEF
- 1 pack Spaghetti
- 1 can Exeter corned beef
- a handful Lettuce leaves
- 2 large carrots
- medium sized Onion
- 1 teaspoon peppersauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Knorr cubes
- salt to taste
|cooking spaghetti with corned beef and vegetables|
- I broke the spaghetti in two and poured into a pot of boiling water
- Added the vegetable oil, salt, chopped onion, pepper and knorr cubes. Covered and left to boil some more
- Added the curry, tomato paste, stirred, checked for salt and covered the pot.
- When it began to feel tender, I added the shredded carrots ( shredded with a grater), lettuce and the corned beef. I love mixing the corned beef by stirring it in, but every other member of my family likes to see the chunk in their portions as a side. I did my best trying to please all. Mixed for some while placing as side for others.
- It is better served hot and I did just that. Spaghetti cooks very fast. Do not overcook, al-dente is great.
|adding grated carrots to the pot of spaghetti|
When shopping for corned beef, these days, I go for small cans because I do not understand what I see in the big sized corned beef. I prefer to buy many small cans that picking a few big ones.
Small cans are stamped at both ends while the big cans are stamped only at one end and the color and aroma when opened is not as good as the small cans. That is my observation and I don't know if anyone has observed that too or it's just my head playing games.
For smaller tins of corned beef, I feel they taste better. This meal made us feel so good after the long trip from Abuja. It also gave me enough time to relax and stretch my legs.
Vegetables were used sparingly.